This chocolate covered strawberry fudge is two desserts in one! Chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate fudge combine to make a beautiful no-bake, easy dessert.
chocolate covered strawberry fudge
Display this chocolate covered strawberry fudge on your dessert table for a party conversation starter (and delicious dessert), or package as a homemade gift idea. It’s easy to make, but so impressive to behold. Here, I chose to keep the strawberries whole and to not trim the tops because I like the presentation, but you can certainly cut the strawberries in half and hull them for smaller pieces of fudge.
watch this short video to make chocolate covered strawberry fudge
how to make chocolate covered strawberry fudge
- Use any of your favorite chocolate fudge recipes as the base. Here, I am using a 2-ingredient chocolate fudge recipe. In a microwave-safe bowl, place one container of chocolate frosting and 2 2/3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips. (That’s 16 ounces each.)
- Microwave the chocolate and frosting for 90 seconds at 70 percent power. Stir well, using the residual heat to fully melt the chocolate chips until the mixture is smooth. Stir in a dash of salt. (The salt is optional, but I find it helps to balance the sweetness.)
- Pour into an 8-inch square baking pan lined with lightly greased parchment paper or non-stick foil.
- Insert strawberries into the fudge in rows, using clean, patted dry strawberries on the small-side.
- Chill the fudge in the fridge for a couple hours until fully set before cutting into squares.
- This fudge is best stored in the refrigerator.
tips on making chocolate covered strawberry fudge
Here, I used our recipe for 2-ingredient white chocolate fudge, but substituted chocolate frosting and semi-sweet chocolate chips, so this recipe is only 3 ingredients total! However, you can also make this fudge using these other fudge recipes that use sweetened condensed milk:
As I mentioned above, for smaller, easier-to-eat pieces of chocolate covered strawberry fudge, you may hull and halve the strawberries instead of leaving them whole.
Lastly, choose strawberries on the small side for best results! Wash them and pat them dry before inserting into the fudge.
printable fudge recipe
This 3-ingredient Chocolate Covered Strawberry fudge combines two dessert favorites in one!
- 2 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 16 ounces
- 1 container chocolate frosting 16 ounces
- 16 strawberries
- 1 pinch salt
Line an 8-inch baking pan with lightly greased parchment paper or non-stick foil. Set aside.
Wash and pat dry 16 strawberries. Choose small strawberries. (You may also halve and/or hull the strawberries for smaller pieces of fudge.)
In a microwave-safe bowl, place the frosting and chocolate chips. Microwave at 70 percent power for 90 seconds. Stir very well until the mixture is smooth.
Stir in a dash of salt.
Scrape the mixture into the prepared baking pan, smoothing evenly.
Insert the strawberries in rows.
Chill in the refrigerator until well-set, about 2 hours. Cut into squares.
chocolate covered strawberries recipes
Love chocolate covered strawberries? Here are more ideas for this classic dessert.
- These chocolate-covered strawberry cakes look divine.
- Chocolate-covered strawberry bears are adorable!
- Try chocolate-covered strawberries on a stick.
more easy fudge recipes
If you like this recipe, check out these other easy fudge recipes.