This dark chocolate cherry fudge recipe needs only four ingredients and can be made in minutes in the microwave. The delicious combination of chocolate and cherries is a favorite!
dark chocolate cherry fudge recipe
There is something about the combination of dark chocolate and cherries that is so perfect in its depth of flavor.
The classic combination works especially well in this fudge recipe. This shortcut dark chocolate cherry fudge recipe needs only a few ingredients and is so easy to make in the microwave or on the stove-top.
We’re big fans of easy fudge recipes that skip the traditional candy-making steps. By using chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk, you can make just about any flavor fudge you like! For everything you need to know about easy fudge, check out our FAQ page.
how to make dark chocolate cherry fudge
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray or shortening, or line with greased parchment or non-stick foil.
- You can use a 9-inch square pan if that’s all you have, although the fudge will be a bit thinner.
- I prefer preparing the pan by lining with the parchment or non-stick foil, lightly sprayed with cooking spray. This way, it’s easy to lift your finished fudge out of the pan to cut.
- Drain a 10-ounce can of maraschino cherries in syrup, reserving 2 tablespoons of the syrup (the reserved syrup is optional). Rinse the cherries and cut any large cherries in half. Set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl place 2 2/3 cups dark chocolate chips and a 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk. Microwave for 90 seconds at 70 percent power. Use the residual heat to stir the mixture well until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth. If necessary, microwave for additional 15 second intervals at 70% power until melted...
- Alternatively, melt the chocolate and condensed milk in the top of a double boiler or in a bowl on top of a saucepan of simmering water until about 3/4s of the chips are melted then remove from heat and let sit for about 3 minutes before stirring until melted and smooth.
- For a great visual on what melting chocolate should look like, check out the video from this chocolate fudge post.
- Stir a pinch of salt. Gently fold the cherries into the mixture. If you like even more cherry flavor, stir in the reserved syrup.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
- Chill until the fudge is well set, 2 to 4 hours. Cut into squares.
Tips on making dark chocolate cherry fudge recipe
What is the best chocolate to use for fudge?
Be sure to check out our fudge FAQ page to learn all about the best chocolate to use for fudge and different types of dark chocolate you can use.
Do I have to use maraschino cherries?
I, for one, love maraschino cherries. They remind me of ordering Shirley Temples when I was a kid. But if you’re not a fan of the cherries, or find them to be too sticky for this recipe, you’re also welcome to use dried cherries.
Watch this short video to make dark chocolate cherry fudge
Printable dark chocolate cherry fudge recipe
Delicious, 4-ingredient dark chocolate cherry fudge recipe made with sweetened condensed milk.
- 2 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips 16 ounces
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounces
- 1 jar maraschino cherries in syrup 10 ounces
- pinch salt
Line an 8-inch square baking pan with lightly greased parchment paper or non-stick foil. Set aside.
Drain the cherries, reserving 2 tablespoons of the syrup (optional). Rinse the cherries and cut any large cherries in half. Set aside.
In a microwave-safe bowl, place the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Microwave for 90 seconds at 70 percent power. Stir, using the residual heat to full melt the chocolate chips. If needed, microwave at additional 15 second intervals. Stir the mixture until it's smooth.
Stir in the cherries and salt into the mixture. For additional cherry flavor, stir in the 2 tablespoons of reserved syrup (optional).
Transfer the mixture to the baking pan and spread evenly.
Chill until firm, 2 hours to overnight. Cut into squares.
more dark chocolate cherry food ideas
If you love these flavors, here are some more recipes you may enjoy.
fudge recipes you might like
Be sure to check out these other awesome and easy fudge recipes.