Make some magic in the kitchen by decorating white chocolate Fudge Unicorns. It's easy to turn a simple 4-ingredients fudge into these mystical creatures for a unicorn-themed birthday party or baby shower.
If you or your kids are obsessed with unicorns then you have got to make these fudge unicorns. They are simply adorable and so easy to make.
Each of these bite-sized squares of white chocolate fudge decorated with a gold unicorn horn sprinkle and some pastel heart sprinkles makes a cute treat for any unicorn-themed party.
You can serve these fudge unicorns on a platter or you can package them in clear cellophane bags to give as party favors. They are perfect birthday party favors, baby shower desserts, Easter basket fillers, or Valentine's Day treats.
white chocolate - You can use compound chocolate made with palm kernel oil like Nestle Premier White Morsels or pure white chocolate made with cocoa butter. See the recipe for quantities. You'll need to use more pure white chocolate than compound chocolate in this recipe.
sweetened condensed milk - This will act as the binder for the fudge. It replaces the milk, sugar, and butter that is in traditional fudge.
You can find the supplies needed to make your fudge unicorns from amazon (commission earned or sales).
where can you find unicorn horn sprinkles?
- You can buy unicorn horn sprinkles in large bags from Amazon.
- You may also be able to find them at craft stores or discount stores.
The unicorn horn sprinkles are about ⅝th inches long. They are rather small.
alternatives to unicorn horn sprinkles
- Line an 8-inch square pan with non-stick tin foil or parchment paper. See the video below for a quick and easy trick to neatly lining your pan using tin foil. Be sure to check out our Easy Fudge FAQ page for more tips and tricks to making homemade fudge even easier.
- Stir together 20 ounces of white chocolate chips and one (14-ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk in a large microwave-safe bowl and heat at 70% power for 90 seconds.
- Let the bowl rest in the microwave for 3 minutes before stirring. This allows the heat in the bowl to help melt all the chocolate evenly.
- If needed, you can microwave at 70% power for an additional 10-15 seconds until all the chunks of chocolate have melted.
- Alternatively, you can melt the white chocolate and condensed milk in a saucepan or preferably a double boiler set over low heat on the stove.
- Heat, stirring occasionally until 75% of the chocolate is melted then remove from the heat and let rest for 3 minutes before stirring until melted.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of almond extract and a pinch of salt, to taste.
- You can swap out vanilla, lemon, orange, maple, or peppermint extract for the almond extract.
- You can even use LorAnn candy oils to make cotton candy, root beer, pear, bubble gum, raspberry, or a variety of delicious flavored fudge.
- Pour the fudge into your pan and spread it into an even layer.
- Tap the pan on the counter a few times to smooth out the top surface.
- Cover with plastic wrap or tin foil and either set aside at room temperature for at least 4 hours until firm or chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours until firm.
- Uncover and use the tin foil or parchment paper in the pan to lift the fudge out then peel that off and set the fudge on a cutting board.
- Cut off about ¼ inch around the curved edges of the fudge then cut the fudge into 36 small squares.
- This will give you 36 beautifully square pieces of fudge to decorate like unicorns.
- You can work the scraps of fudge together and reshape it into a rectangle and cut a few more squares if you don't want to waste any of the fudge or you can just enjoy a snack.
decorating the fudge
- Brush a dab of clear piping gel in the center of one edge of your fudge.
- Press a gold unicorn horn sprinkle over the piping gel allowing the horn to stick out of the fudge.
- Just below the horn attach three heart sprinkles using clear piping gel (or corn syrup or white candy melts).
- Then use a black food coloring marker to draw on the unicorn's eyes and two nostrils.
It's so easy to decorate this unicorn fudge that your kids can even join in on the fun!
what is clear piping gel?
- Clear piping gel is a blend of corn syrup, corn starch, and water.
- It's thick and sticky and holds candy decorations in place securely once it dries.
- Because it is clear and it dries clear you won't see it on your treats under your decorations.
- It also has a nice sweet flavor.
what can I use instead of clear piping gel?
- Being these treats will most likely be served flat on a plate you can use corn syrup to attach the horn and heart sprinkles. Corn syrup won't hold as well as the clear piping gel, so if you plan to package the fudge unicorns then be sure to use the piping gel for a more secure hold.
- You can also use melted white candy melts to attach the unicorn horns and heart sprinkles. Just be sure to use a very small amount of candy melts so that it doesn't ooze out around your decorations.
- Wrap your fudge in wax paper then place it in an airtight container and store it away from any heat source at room temperature for up to a month.
- Metal tins are the very best containers to use when storing fudge. They will keep your fudge soft and fresh for weeks if not months.
- You may freeze this fudge but follow these instructions carefully.
- Wrap the fudge well in wax paper then over-wrap that in tin foil or Press 'n Seal. Then place in a zip-top bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To thaw, remove from the freezer and set the fudge on the counter but DO NOT open the container or bag for 2-3 hours until the fudge is fully thawed. Once thawed you can remove the fudge from its package and serve.
- NOTE: If frozen the sprinkles may discolor.
Squares of white chocolate fudge flavored with a hint of almond extract are decorated using unicorn horn sprinkles, heart sprinkles, and food coloring marker to look like fudge unicorns.
- 20 - 24 ounces white chocolate chips* (see note)
- 14 ounces (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 36 unicorn horn sprinkles
- clear piping gel (or white candy melts or corn syrup)
- 108 pastel heart sprinkles
- black food coloring marker
Line an 8-inch square pan with non-stick tin foil or parchment paper sprayed lightly with baking spray.
Combine the white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a large microwave-safe bowl.
Heat at 70% power for 90 seconds then let the bowl rest in the microwave for 3 minutes.
Stir until melted.
If needed, heat for additional 10-15 second increments at 70% power until completely melted.
Stir in the almond extract and salt.
Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
Tap the pan on the counter a few times to smooth out the surface of the fudge.
Cover and set aside for about 4 hours until firm or refrigerate for 2-3 hours until firm.
Remove from pan and peel off foil or parchment.
Cut off ¼ inch around the perimeter of the fudge.
Cut fudge into 36 small squares.
Brush clear piping gel in the center of one edge of the fudge then press a unicorn horn sprinkle over top allowing the horn to stick out from the fudge.
Brush clear piping gel around the base of the unicorn horn and attach 3 pastel heart sprinkles.
Use a black food coloring marker to draw on two eyes and two nostrils.
Repeat decorating all 36 squares of fudge.
- Wrap fudge in wax paper and store it in an airtight container, preferably a metal tin, at room temperature for up to a month.