3-ingredient Jack Daniels fudge is easy to make in the microwave, crazy delicious, and for grown-ups only.
Jack Daniels fudge
I first came up with a shortcut Jack Daniels fudge by combining three ingredients: Powdered sugar, chocolate, and booze. But the original recipe was for a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. It’s great for parties, but I wanted a smaller batch. So I next played around with ingredients to make this smaller-batch vodka fudge, which I’ve adapted for this easy Jack Daniels fudge recipe. (You’ll also find free printables over on the vodka fudge post, to label your fudge for grown-ups only, as well as similar printables for Christmas gifts, below.)
The whiskey in this fudge is strong. Traditional Jack Daniels fudge recipes are similar to the other fudge recipes on this site, those that use sweetened condensed milk. I do not use sweetened condensed milk, and instead use a combination of powdered sugar and liquor. So this recipe has two times the booze than the traditional recipe. I’m not a big whiskey drinker, but if I’m making boozy fudge, I want it to taste like boozy fudge.
And it does. My friends now expect a boozy fudge when I go to a party or gathering because they love them all so much. Delicious and super easy to make is the best combination ever. Scroll to the end for a printable recipe, free gift tags, and video how-tos.
how to make chocolate Jack Daniels fudge
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with lightly greased parchment paper or non-stick foil.
- I use either the smaller, 8-inch square baking pan so the fudge is on the thicker side, or I use a 9-inch square pan, although the fudge will be a bit thinner.
- In a large bowl, place one pound of confectioner’s sugar (this is just under 4 cups, or one box of confectioner’s sugar) in a large bowl. Pour in 1/2 cup of room temperature Jack Daniels. Whisk the ingredients together very well. It will look like icing.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place 1 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips. This is 9 ounces, less than a bag. Microwave for 90 seconds at 70 percent power and stir well to use the residual heat to melt the chocolate chips. If needed, microwave for an additional 30 seconds, then 15 second intervals. Stir until the chocolate is very smooth.
- Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate on the stove-top. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, being sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Do NOT overheat the chocolate! Too-hot chocolate can trigger seizing, or stiffening, when you add it to the liquor and sugar mixture. See below for tips on this.
- Scrape the chocolate into the sugar and Jack Daniels mixture. Stir very well and transfer to the prepared baking pan. Spread evenly and chill until set, about 2 hours. Cut into squares.
Help! My fudge is thickening too quickly!
- The combination of liquor and chocolate can sometimes stiffen the chocolate quickly. In this case, I scrape the mixture into the baking dish and place a piece of non-stick foil, parchment paper, or wax paper over the mixture. Smooth the top with your hands and remove the foil or paper. Then chill the fudge for one to two hours.
- If you find the fudge to be too thick for your liking, you can add a bit more whiskey, up to 3/4 cup, in the next batch. (Because there WILL be a next batch.)
- To minimize the risk of seizing, be sure to use room temperature liquor and do NOT overheat the chocolate! Once the chocolate is melted, preferably using as little heat as possible and relying on residual heat, let it cool a bit before adding to the liquor and sugar mixture.
- When you mix the booze and the sugar, whisk it very well. It should look like thin icing. If it’s at all thick, add more booze, a tablespoon at a time, until it thins. (Check out the video to see what the consistency should look like.)
homemade gift idea
Fudge is the perfect homemade gift idea for the holidays, especially boozy fudge. But because the booze does not cook out of this fudge, it’s important add a label that the fudge contains alcohol. Package the Jack Daniels fudge in any container you like, then attach these fun holiday printables to label your fudge for grown-ups only!
Use this TEMPLATE FOR BOOZY FUDGE PRINTABLE TAGS. Print on heavier-weight white paper using a color printer. Cut circles around the gray line (or, use a 3-inch circle punch). Punch a hole for a ribbon and attach to your boozy fudge gift.
watch this short video to make Jack Daniels Whiskey Fudge
printable Jack Daniels fudge recipe
3-ingredient, delicious and easy Jack Daniels Fudge combines whiskey, powdered sugar, and chocolate
- 1 pound confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniels whiskey
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips 9 ounces
Line an 8-inch square baking pan with lightly greased parchment paper or non-stick foil. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the confectioner's sugar and whiskey. Whisk until very smooth.
In a microwave-safe bowl, place the chocolate chips. Heat in the microwave for 90 seconds at 70 percent power. Stir, using the residual heat to fully melt the chips. If needed, microwave for additional 30 second, then 15 second intervals.
Alternatively, melt the chocolate chips on the stove-top over a saucepan of simmering water.
Scrape the chocolate into the sugar and whiskey mixture. Stir well.
Pour into the prepared container, smooth, and chill for about 2 hours. Cut into squares.
Combining melted chocolate with liquid (in this case, booze) can be risky. The chocolate can seize and thicken too quickly. To prevent this from happening, make sure to use room temperature alcohol and do NOT overheat the chocolate. Melt the chocolate slowly, using the residual heat as much as possible to fully melt the chocolate chips. Let the chocolate cool slightly before mixing in to the liquor and sugar mixture.
more easy fudge recipes
We have you covered with every fudge recipe you’ll ever need. Here are just a few favorites:
peanut butter fudge