White chocolate fudge swirls decorated with chocolate chips and wafers make stinkin' cute Poop Emoji Fudge Ghosts for Halloween. Watch the video to see how easy they are to create.
A swirl of white chocolate fudge can easily be decorated with chocolate chip eyes and a chocolate wafer mouth to look like a Poop Emoji Ghost for your Halloween celebration.
A few years ago I created Chocolate Caramel Fudge Smiling Poo Emoji 💩 and I was stunned when the video went viral with over 5 million views on social media and youtube. So many of my readers sent me pictures of their own versions of their homemade Poop Emoji Fudge that I realized the massive popularity of the smiling pile of poo emoji.
I was worried people would be turned off by the name and the look of the poop emoji fudge, but they loved it, so for Halloween this year, I couldn't resist revisiting this idea and switching things up a bit to make these Poop Emoji Fudge Ghosts.
This idea for these Poop Emoji Fudge Ghosts actually came about when I was trying to come up with a new and creative version of ghost poop, ya' know the little marshmallows or meringues packaged in a bag with a tag that says "Ghost Poop" on it?
I knew I could pipe out swirls of white chocolate fudge as I did when I created my Creme de Menthe Fudge Christmas Trees and that they would look like ghost poo. I could have stopped there and just put the little fudge swirls in a bag, but as I piped out a tray of them I realized they could be even more fun made into Poop Emoji Fudge Ghosts by simply adding some chocolate chips eyes (in two different sizes to make them look a little wonky) and a chocolate wafer smile.
I think they turned out so stinkin' cute! Don't you?
If you are offended by the name and just can't bear to call these homemade Halloween candies, "Poop Emoji Fudge Ghosts," because that just sounds too gross, then just call them "Fudge Ghosts." Either way, your friends and family will love these sweet little Halloween treats.
- white chocolate - You can use pure white chocolate which contains cocoa butter or compound chocolate, also known as confectionery coating, candy melts, melting wafers, or white almond bark, which is made with vegetable fat, typically palm kernel oil. I like to use Nestle Premier White Morsels which are made with palm kernel oil to make this fudge.
- sweetened condensed milk
- chocolate chips - Use one mini chocolate chip and one regular chocolate chip if you want wonky eyes or just use two chocolate chips if you want your eyes to both be the same size.
- chocolate wafers or Dark Cocoa Candy Melts - You'll use these candies to make the mouth for each ghost.
- alternate candy eyes and mouths - You could also use royal icing (candy) eyes or you could make eyes using modeling chocolate or even chocolate fudge. You can use the modeling chocolate to make the ghost mouths too.
- a disposable pastry bag
- sharp knife
- non-stick silicone mat or parchment paper
- printable Poop Emoji Ghost signs
- lollipop sticks or toothpicks
You can find all these items on Amazon. I earn a small commission when you make a purchase using any Amazon links at no extra cost to you.
Make white chocolate fudge in the microwave.
- Pour either finely chopped white chocolate bars or white chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Heat at 70% powder for 90 seconds, and then let the bowl rest in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Remove and stir until most of the white chocolate has melted.
- Return the bowl to the microwave for an additional 30 seconds at 70% power.
- Once again allow the bowl to sit in the microwave for 3 minutes then remove and stir slowly pushing down on the white chocolate, smashing any of the un-melted pieces.
- If at this point all of your white chocolate is not melted then you can return the bowl to the microwave for 10-second increments, repeating the process above.
Why should I let my white chocolate fudge rest in the microwave?
- When you let the white chocolate sit in the microwave the residual heat from the bowl and the melted white chocolate will help to slowly melt the solid pieces of white chocolate.
- It's important that you don't allow your white chocolate to get too hot because if it is overheated it will become very thick and may even burn. By letting it rest you give it time to melt without getting it too hot.
Microwaves do not all have the same wattage. This recipe was developed in a 1000-watt microwave.
My microwave is only 700 watts. Should I adjust this recipe?
- Yes. Lower-wattage microwaves heat more slowly and don't heat as evenly.
- Use full 100% power for the first 90 seconds then use 70% power after that using the same times listed above.
Can I make this fudge on the stove instead of the microwave?
- Yes, simply pour the white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk into a medium saucepan and set the pan over low heat.
- Heat stirring often until 75% of the white chocolate is melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let rest for 3 minutes before stirring until smooth.
- If all the white chocolate does not melt, let it rest for 3 more minutes and stir.
- Only if needed, return to low heat for a minute then repeat the process of resting, and stirring.
Pipe the fudge ghosts.
- Once you make the fudge you will need to cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rest at room temperature for 20 minutes then stir it every 5-10 minutes, until it thickens to the consistency of frosting.
- How long will this take?
- It depends on how hot you got the fudge, on the temperature of your room, and on the type of white chocolate you used.
- How will I know when it's ready?
- Scoop out some fudge and let it sit. If it holds its shape, it's ready! If it flattens out, it needs to cool a bit longer.
Decorate the 💩 Fudge Ghosts
- If using chocolate chips and chocolate wafers, simply press them into the white chocolate fudge ghost immediately after you pipe it out.
- If using modeling chocolate or chocolate fudge decorations and they feel slightly sticky they may just stick if pressed onto the fudge. If they do not stick then lightly brush some clear piping gel or water onto the backside of your eyes and mouth then press onto the fudge.
Watch this video tutorial to see how to make your own family of Poop Emoji Fudge Ghosts...
You might also like these other fun fudge recipes for Halloween.
If you want to add the cute signs, click on the link below to print out the PDF file.
White chocolate fudge swirls decorated with chocolate chips and wafers make stinkin' cute Poop Emoji Fudge Ghosts for Halloween.
- 24 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped bar or chips
- 14 ounces (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
- 12 mini chocolate chips
- 12 chocolate chips
- 6 chocolate wafers or Candy Melts
Combine white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk together in a microwave-safe bowl.
Heat at 70% power for 90 seconds.
Allow the bowl to rest in the microwave for 3 minutes, then remove and stir.
Heat at 70% power for 30 seconds, let the bowl rest for 3 minutes, then remove and stir, smashing any remaining chunks of white chocolate. If not all melted, let the bowl rest for 3 more minutes then stir until melted.
If needed heat at 70% for 10-15 second increments, resting, and stirring after each until completely melted.
Cover the l with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Remove plastic wrap and stir.
Cover and repeat the process allowing the fudge to rest for 5-10 minutes before stirring until the fudge has thickened to the consistency of frosting.
Spoon fudge into a disposable pastry bag.
Snip the tip so that you will have about a ¾ inch wide tube of fudge coming out of the hole.
Press the end of the tip onto a non-stick silicone mat or piece of parchment paper that has been taped down in the corners.
Squeeze the fudge out of the bag allowing a mound to form.
Continue to squeeze as your swirl the fudge into a peak with three to four layers.
Immediately press one mini chocolate chip eye into the fudge then press a regular chocolate chip eye next to it.
Cut the chocolate wafers into two smiles (cutting out and discarding about ⅛th of an inch of the middle piece).
Press one smile into the fudge just under the eyes.
Repeat creating 11 or 12 Poop Emoji Fudge Ghosts.
Let the fudge dry for about 30 minutes before picking them up to move them.
Store in an airtight container or plastic bag for up to a month.
If you prefer to decorate your Poop Emoji Fudge Ghosts using modeling chocolate or chocolate fudge, roll out a small amount on a non-stick silicone mat and cut out two small round eyes using plunger cutters and cut out a smile. Attach to the fudge ghosts using clear piping gel or water.