Gorgeous rainbow fudge is perfect for a rainbow or unicorn party! (And it's actually easy to make.)
I love all things rainbow, especially sweet things. This rainbow fudge takes a little time to make, but it's really very easy. This recipe would be great for a rainbow or unicorn party. Or St. Patrick's Day. Or a rainy day. Or any day.
Need extra help with your fudge? Our fudge FAQ page has tons of answers.
how to make striped rainbow fudge
Here, we use our classic fudge recipe and do the math to divide the combination into six different colors. To make this fudge you will need two 14-ounce cans of sweetened condensed milk and 6 cups of white chocolate chips (or, three 12-ounce bags). For food coloring, I prefer Americolor Soft Gel Pastes. See below for the specific colors!
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick foil or parchment paper lightly greased with cooking spray.
- Divide two 14-ounce cans of sweetened condensed milk into six microwave-safe bowls. Each bowl should have about ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon.
- Pour 1 cup of white chocolate chips (remember, we have 6 cups total) into one of the bowls with the sweetened condensed milk. Microwave at 70 percent power for 90 seconds. Stir very well, using the residual heat to fully melt the chocolate chips until they are smooth. Add purple food coloring. Spread evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Place in the freezer.
- While the purple layer is in the freezer, repeat the above instructions with blue food coloring. The purple layer should be in the freezer about 10 minutes total. After 10 minutes, spread the blue layer over the purple layer. Return to the freezer.
- Repeat with a green food coloring layer, yellow, orange, and red, letting each layer remain in the freezer about 10 minutes.
- Return to the refrigerator to fully set the fudge, about 2 hours. Cut into 25 squares.
supplies and ingredients to make fudge
CHEFMADE 9-Inch Square Cake...Shop on AmazonReynolds Wrap Non-Stick Alu...Shop on AmazonCarnation Sweetened Condens...Shop on AmazonNestle Toll House Premier W...Shop on Amazon
AmeriColor, Electric Purple...Shop on AmazonAmericolor Soft Gel Paste F...Shop on AmazonAmericolor Gel Paste Food C...Shop on AmazonAmeriColor, Egg Yellow.75 O...Shop on Amazon
Americolor Soft Gel Paste F...Shop on AmazonAmeriColor Super Red Soft G...Shop on AmazonWilton 409-7712 Angled Spat...Shop on Amazon
printable fudge recipe
Gorgeous striped rainbow fudge for St. Patrick's day or a unicorn party.
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk 28 ounces total
- 6 cups white chocolate chips 36 ounces
Line an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick foil or lightly-greased parchment. Set aside.
Divide the 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk into six microwave-safe bowls. Each bowl should have about ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon.
Pour 1 cup of white chocolate chips into one of the bowls of sweetened condensed milk. Microwave for 90 seconds at 70 percent power. Stir very well, using the residual heat to fully melt the chocolate chips. When smooth, stir in some drops of purple food coloring.
Spread the purple layer of fudge evenly in the bottom of the baking pan. Place in the freezer for ten minutes.
While the purple layer is in the freezer, repeat the above instructions with the chocolate and condensed milk with blue food coloring. Spread evenly over the purple layer.
Return the baking tray to the freezer. Repeat the instructions above for each layer, green, yellow, orange, and red. Freeze each layer for 10 minutes.
After the final, red layer, place the baking tray in the refrigerator to fully set, about 2 hours.
Cut into squares.
Americolor food colorings used here are: Electric Purple, Sky Blue, Electric Green, Egg Yellow, Orange, and Super Red.
more awesome rainbow food ideas
Looking for more fun rainbow food ideas? Check out these rainbow Rice Kripsie Treats. Colorful rainbow marshmallow kabobs are some of my favorites, and I've also collected 40 rainbow food ideas HERE. This rainbow cake roll looks incredible, too!