Two-ingredient strawberry frosting fudge topped with heart sprinkles is a delicious, easy Valentine’s Day treat.
strawberry frosting fudge
It doesn’t get easier that this 2-ingredient strawberry frosting fudge. Combine white chocolate chips with a can of strawberry frosting for instant, delicious, perfect fudge. The heart sprinkles on top are optional, but they turn this easy fudge recipe into a Valentine’s Day treat. You can also make 2-ingredient fudge with store-bought vanilla frosting.
If you love the flavor of strawberry, be sure to check out this 4-ingredient strawberry fudge or this chocolate-covered strawberry fudge. Or for another Valentine’s Day dessert idea, try this red velvet fudge.
how to make strawberry frosting fudge
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with lightly greased parchment paper or non-stick foil.
- You may also use an 9-inch square pan if that is what you have, but the fudge will be a bit thinner.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl place 2 2/3 cups white chocolate chips and a 12-ounce can of store-bought strawberry frosting. Microwave for 90 seconds at 70 percent power. Use the residual heat to stir the mixture well until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth. This may take a minute or two. If necessary, microwave for additional 15 second intervals.
- Alternatively, melt the chocolate and frosting in the top of a double boiler or in a bowl on top of a saucepan of simmering water.
- For best results, melt the chips with heat only until they are about three-quarters of the way melted, then rely on residual heat to fully melt the chocolate chips, rather than adding additional heat. This prevents scorching.
- I find that Nestle white chocolate chips melt a bit thinner than Ghiradelli brand. So if you’re using the latter, you may want to reduce the number of chocolate chips to 2 1/2 cups.
- If you like, sprinkle heart sprinkles on top of the fudge.
- Scrape the fudge evenly in the prepared pan and chill until firm, about two hours. Lift the fudge out of the pan by grasping the edges of the foil and cut into squares.
which white chocolate should I buy?
I find that Nestle White chocolate chips has the perfect consistency. Ghiradelli chocolate makes the fudge a bit thicker. So if you’re using Ghiradelli, reduce the amount of chips to 2 1/2 cups.
check out this quick video to make strawberry fudge
more pink Valentine’s Day treats
If you’re going for a pretty-in-pink Valentine’s Day theme, here are some more fun treats to try.
more easy fudge recipes
We have plenty!