This creepy Zombie fudge is easy to make, with just the right amount of gory goodness. Made with only a few ingredients in the microwave, it's perfect Halloween party food.
Looking for some Halloween treats? I'm loving this creepy, spooky zombie fudge for Halloween. The recipe uses our easy fudge recipe that combines melted chocolate with a can of sweetened condensed milk to create the perfect fudge (without the need for a candy thermometer), but instead uses green candy melts. Top with candy eyes, "bloody" icing, and creepy hands, or use any sprinkles, icing, or candy decorations that say "zombie" to you, and you have a fun, easy Halloween party food sure to spark conversation.
watch this quick video to see how to make zombie fudge
how to make zombie fudge
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with lightly greased parchment paper or non-stick foil.
what size pan do you need for fudge?
- I use either the smaller, 8-inch square baking pan so the fudge is on the thicker side, or I use a 9-inch square pan, although the fudge will be a bit thinner.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place 24 ounces of green or vibrant green candy melts. (This is TWO bags of candy melts, or about 4 cups total). Microwave at 70 percent power for 90 seconds. Stir well, using the residual heat to completely melt the candy melts. If necessary, continue to microwave at 15 second intervals. Stir until the candy is very smooth.
- Alternatively, if you prefer to melt the candy melts on the stove-top, set a heat safe bowl on top of a sauce pan of simmering water, making sure the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir until melted.
- Once your candy is melted, stir in one 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Top with candies and icing to make zombies. Here, I used candy zombie hands and sprinkles. I then used a red food coloring pen to make large candy eyes bloody. Lastly, I added some red icing gel.
- NOTE the red icing gel will not set. So if you want to stack this fudge, you might want to leave it out.
- I made my own blood-shot candy eyes, but if I had seen this awesome set of Wilton Halloween candy eyes, I'd have used those instead.
- When adding decoration, be mindful of where you'll later cut the fudge into the squares.
Candy Decorating Kit-Zombie...Shop on AmazonWilton Halloween Candy Eyeb...Shop on AmazonDecorating Candy 1oz-Large ...Shop on AmazonWilton FoodWriter Color Fin...Shop on AmazonWilton Red Gel TubeShop on Amazon
- Refrigerate the fudge for 2 hours to fully set and carefully cut into squares.
what are candy melts?
Candy melts, also known as confectionery coating or melting candy), are chocolate-like products that use palm kernel oil, or other vegetable oils, for cocoa butter, making it easier to work with in candy making. It melts easily at lower temperatures than chocolate, and it hardens more quickly. The flavor is good but not quite and rich as pure chocolate, but if you enjoy eating it right out of the package you will like it in a homemade fudge recipe.
can I use white chocolate instead?
If you prefer to use white chocolate instead of candy melts, that is fine. You can follow the instructions for this easy vanilla fudge recipe and tint the chocolate and condensed milk mixture with green food coloring. Because the chocolate is mixed with the condensed milk syrup, regular food coloring, such as Americolor Soft Gel Paste, should work just fine (often, gel paste food coloring when added to melted chocolate can seize the chocolate). You may also use specialty coloring for chocolate that is oil-based, called "Candy Colors."
printable zombie fudge recipe
Creepy, easy zombie fudge topped with spooky icing and decorations is perfect Halloween party food.
- 24 ounces green candy melts 2 bags
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 1 package zombie hands candy
- 1 package candy eyes
- 1 red food coloring pen If Halloween candy eyes unavailable
- 1 tube red gel icing optional
Line an 8-inch square baking pan with lightly greased parchment paper or non-stick foil.
In a microwave-safe bowl, place the candy melts. Microwave at 70 percent power for 90 seconds. Stir, using the residual heat to melt the candy. If needed, microwave for an additional 30 seconds, and then 15 seconds, until the candy is melted and smooth.
Stir the sweetened condensed milk into the melted candy and stir very well. Transfer to the baking dish and spread evenly.
Top with zombie decorations: Sprinkle some chocolate sprinkles and insert the candy zombie hands. Add the candy eyes (if needed, use the red coloring pen to draw on the eyes to make them bloodshot). If using, add some red icing "blood."
Chill for 2 hours until fully set. Cut into squares, trying to cut around the decorations.
zombie food ideas
If you found this zombie fudge searching for all things zombie, here are a few more zombie food ideas for Halloween.
- Try these zombie chocolate chip cookies or zombie pretzels.
- These zombie candy cups are brilliant.
- You have to check out these zombie cookies.
- You can even make a zombie dip.
more easy fudge recipes
Need more ideas for fun fudge recipes? Check out these easy homemade fudge ideas.