Three ingredient fireball fudge, filled with cinnamon whiskey, is sure to be a conversation starter at your next party. Grown-ups only for this boozy, no-bake dessert, please!
If I’m making a boozy fudge recipe, I want my fudge to taste like booze. This fireball fudge delivers. It tastes strongly of Fireball whiskey, and yet the combination of chocolate, sugar, and booze is so crazy delicious.
We’re all about easy fudge on this blog, and this fudge couldn’t be easier. I came up with the three-ingredient boozy fudge recipe a few years ago on my other blog, and I’ve tried all kinds of booze. Instead of whiskey, you can use gin, tequila, vodka, Schnapps… Choose your liquor! Fireball whiskey fits right in.
Watch this quick video to see how to make fireball fudge
How to make fireball fudge
- Prepare a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. For best results, line the dish with parchment paper or greased aluminum foil.
- I find if you snip the corners of the parchment paper, it fits better in the dish. Crease the paper at the dish’s edges.
- In a large bowl, place two pounds of confectioner’s sugar. Stir in one cup of fireball whiskey and mix very well with a large whisk.
- The mixture will look like icing.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place 12-ounces (about 2 cups) of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Microwave for 90 seconds at 70 percent power. Stir, using the residual heat to fully melt the chocolate chips. If needed, microwave for additional 15 second intervals.
- Alternatively, melt the chocolate chips in a heat-safe bowl on top of a saucepan of simmering water on the stove-top. Don’t overheat the chocolate. Use the residual heat and keep stirring to fully melt the chocolate chips, rather than to keep adding heat.
- Scrape the melted chocolate into the sugar and liquor mixture. Stir very well.
- Pour into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula. If desired, press cinnamon candies into the top of the fudge. Chill until set, about 2 hours.
- Cut into pieces. Makes about 54 pieces.
What liquor is best in fudge?
As I mentioned above, I’ve tried just about every liquor in my boozy fudge recipes. For the best consistency, the pure liquid alcohol is the best, meaning the vodka, gin, rum, tequila, whiskey, etc. Coffee liquors such a Bailey’s work very well, but make a fudge a bit thicker. I like the fun of fudge tasting like booze, but for the best chocolate and liquor flavors that are complementary, think of more fruity flavors, such as Amaretto or Cointreau. Interestingly, I found wines and champagne did not work well in this recipe.
How do you store fudge?
Can you freeze fudge? YES. Because this fudge is strong and I can’t eat too much of it at once, and because this batch, made in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan instead of the square baking pan, makes so many pieces, how do you store leftover fudge? You can easily freeze fudge. I use a freezer-safe plastic or glass lidded container and layer the fudge between pieces of wax paper. Let thaw at room temperature in the container. It should keep in the freezer for 2 to 3 months.
Printable fireball fudge recipe
Three-ingredient Fireball Fudge is easy to make and filled with Fireball cinnamon whiskey and topped with cinnamon candy.
- 2 pounds confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips 12-ounces
- cinnamon candies optional
Line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with lightly greased parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil.
In a large bowl, place the confectioner's sugar. Pour in the fireball whiskey and mix very well with a large whisk. The mixture will look like icing.
Next, melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 90 seconds at 70 percent power, or until the chips are about three-quarters melted. Stir, using the residual heat to fully melt the chocolate chips, until the mixture is smooth.
Alternatively, melt the chocolate chips in a heat-safe bowl on top of a saucepan of simmering water on the stove-top.
Scrape the melted chocolate into the sugar and liquor mixture. Stir very well.
Pour into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula. If desired, sprinkle the top with cinnamon candies and gently press into the fudge.
Chill until set, about 2 hours. Cut into squares.
more whiskey recipes
Looking for more ways to cook with whiskey?
- Try this whiskey blue cheese burger.
- This chocolate whiskey cake looks divine.
- Or try smoked whiskey wings.
more easy fudge recipes
If you try this fireball fudge recipe, let us know in the comments! Looking for more easy recipes?