Believe it or not, Velveeta is the key ingredient for smooth, delicious fudge in this chocolate Velveeta fudge recipe.
I had my doubts. Velveeta? Cheese? In fudge?! Yes. Velveeta fudge is smooth, perfectly textured, and delicious. The cheese flavor is subdued by the chocolate so you can reap the benefits of Velveeta's properties and still have the taste of classic chocolate fudge. This may be one of my favorite easy fudge recipes.
Quick and easy fudge is all about finding miracle substitute ingredients so you can mix up fudge without going through the candy-making process. Velveeta Cheese is one of those miracle substitutes that works surprisingly well in making easy fudge.
Need more easy fudge ideas? Everything you need to know about how to make fudge can be found on this FAQ page. For more fabulous chocolate fudge recipes, try this basic chocolate fudge or this rocky road fudge.
Watch this quick video to see how to make Velveeta fudge
How to make Chocolate Velveeta fudge
- Grease a 9 x 9 inch square baking pan with butter, vegetable shortening, or cooking spray, or line a baking pan with lightly-greased parchment paper or non-stick foil.
- For even thicker fudge, choose an 8-inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 pounds confectioner's sugar and ½ cup of cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Using a large whisk to thoroughly blend the sugar and cocoa eliminates the need to use a sifter to sift the ingredients together.
- Heat 2 sticks of butter and 12-ounces Velveeta cheese in a saucepan over medium heat until melted, stirring constantly.
- Alternatively, you can place the cheese and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute on high, stir, and continue to microwave at 30 second intervals until the mixture is fully melted. Stir as well as you can (the mixture may separate, so stove-top is preferred).
- Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Pour the entire mixture into the bowl with the sugar and cocoa. Gently stir until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Chill until set, several hours.
- Cut into squares.
Can you make Velveeta fudge in the microwave?
Yes. You can. Melting the butter and Velveeta cheese together on the stove-top, while stirring constantly, is the preferred method, because the butter and cheese are more likely to separate in the microwave. However, even with a little separation, the fudge will turn out beautifully.
If you're looking for more microwave fudge recipes, be sure to check out our entire recipes page filled with links to all our easy fudge recipes.
Print the recipe for Velveeta fudge:
This Velveeta fudge, with Velveeta cheese as the surprise ingredient, is easy to make and so creamy and delicious.
- 2 pounds confectioner's sugar (two boxes or one bag)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ pound velveeta cheese, cubed 12 ounces
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks, 16 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts optional
Prepare an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan by greasing with cooking spray or shortening, OR by lining with lightly greased parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil.
In a large bowl, whisk together the confectioner's sugar and the cocoa powder. Set aside.
Heat the butter and cheese in a saucepan over medium heat until melted, stirring constantly. Or, to melt in the microwave, place the cheese and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute on high, stir, and continue to microwave at 30 second intervals until the mixture is fully melted. Stir as well as you can (the mixture may separate, so stove-top is preferred).
Stir in the vanilla extract.
Pour the entire mixture into the bowl with the sugar and cocoa. Gently stir until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
Stir in the walnuts, if using.
Pour into the prepared pan. Chill until set, several hours. Cut into squares.
If you love Velveeta you might also enjoy making
If you enjoyed this Easy Chocolate Velveeta Fudge we'd love to hear about it in the comments below.
You might also like these other easy fudge recipes...