Enjoy the flavor of hot cocoa in a decadently creamy fudge. It's easy to make this rich hot chocolate fudge filled with mini marshmallows.
Winter is the perfect time to enjoy a mug of hot chocolate or this dreamy hot chocolate fudge.
This homemade fudge is easy to make using a combination of milk and dark chocolate and sweetened condensed milk melted into creamy hot chocolate made using a powdered mix.
Lots of marshmallows are sprinkled in and on top of this chocolate fudge giving it a touch of vanilla flavor and a soft and chewy texture.
Let's make some fudge.
- heavy whipping cream
- hot cocoa mix - I used Nestle Milk Chocolate hot cocoa mix with marshmallows.
- sweetened condensed milk
- dark chocolate chips
- milk chocolate chips
- 8-inch or 9-inch square pan
- non-stick tin foil or parchment paper
- saucepan - Use a 2 or 3-quart pan.
- silicone spatula
Combine 5 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream with 2 packets of hot cocoa mix in a medium saucepan.
Stir until combined and heat over low heat.
Stir until the hot chocolate mix dissolves into the heavy cream.
Pour a can of sweetened condensed milk into the hot chocolate.
Stir just until combined.
Sprinkle 9 ounces of milk chocolate (1 ½ cups of chips) into the pan.
Add 9 ounces of dark chocolate (1 ½ cups of chips). Stir for 30 seconds then remove the pan from the heat.
Let the pan rest for 3-4 minutes, allowing the chocolate to melt. Then stir until creamy and smooth.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of the chocolate fudge into a small zip-top bag. You'll use this to drizzle over the fudge.
Stir in 1 ½ cups of mini marshmallows.
Pour into a tin foil or parchment paper lined square baking sheet.
Spread into an even layer.
Top with about ¾ cup of mini marshmallows. Drizzle the reserved chocolate fudge over the top.
Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 4 hours. Then chill in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes until firm.
Remove the fudge from the pan and cut into squares.
Store your hot chocolate fudge in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Or wrap in wax paper and place in a zip-top bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Creamy chocolate fudge is flavored with hot cocoa mixes and filled with lots of mini marshmallows.
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1.7 ounces (2 packets) hot cocoa mix with marshmallows
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 9 ounces milk chocolate chips (1 ½ cups chips)
- 9 ounces dark chocolate (1 ½ cups chips)
- 2 ¼ cups mini marshmallows, divided
- Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with non-stick tin foil or parchment paper.
- Combine the heavy whipping cream and hot cocoa mix in a medium saucepan.
- Set over low heat and stir until the hot chocolate dissolves into the cream.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk then add the milk chocolate and dark chocolate.
- Stir over low heat for 30 seconds.
- Then, remove the pan from the heat and let it rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir until the chocolate melts and the fudge becomes smooth and creamy.
If needed, reheat over low for 15-30 seconds, then let rest, and stir until melted.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of the fudge into a small zip-top bag and set aside. You'll use this to drizzle over the fudge.
Stir 1 ½ cups of the mini marshmallows into the fudge in the saucepan.
Pour the marshmallow-filled fudge into the lined pan.
- Spread the fudge into an even layer then sprinkle on the remaining ¾ cup of marshmallows.
Snip a tip off the zip-top bag and drizzle the chocolate fudge over top of the marshmallows.
Let the fudge sit at room temperature for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Chill the fudge in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes until firm. Then, remove the fudge from the pan, and peel off the tin foil or parchment paper. Cut into squares.
Store this hot chocolate fudge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Or, wrap in wax paper, and place the fudge in a zip-top freezer bag or airtight container, and freeze for up to 3 months.