With just five ingredients, you can whip up this delicious easy marshmallow fudge in minutes. It’s the perfect no-bake treat to serve and give.
This easy fudge with marshmallows is for all of the marshmallow fans out there! Not only is there marshmallow fluff in the mixture, but I add a ton of mini marshmallows. You only need five ingredients and a microwave to make the best chocolate marshmallow fudge recipe ever.
If you want more condensed milk fudge recipes, check out this chocolate fudge. The post also has a video that guides you on melting chocolate, so it’s invaluable. If you love marshmallow fudge, you’ll also love this rocky road fudge. Everything you need to know about how to make fudge can be found on this FAQ page.
watch this short video to see how to make chocolate marshmallow fudge
how to make marshmallow fudge
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray or shortening, or line with greased parchment or non-stick foil.
- For thicker fudge, try an 8-inch square pan.
- I prefer preparing the pan by lining with the parchment or non-stick foil, lightly sprayed with cooking spray. This way, it’s easy to lift your finished fudge out of the pan to cut.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl place 2 2/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, a 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk, and a 7-ounce jar of marshmallow fluff (creme). Microwave for 90 seconds at 70 percent power. Use the residual heat to stir the mixture well until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth. If necessary, microwave for additional 15 second intervals.
- Alternatively, melt the chocolate, marshmallow fluff, and milk in the top of a double boiler or in a bowl on top of a saucepan of simmering water.
- Be sure to only microwave until the chips are about three-quarters of the way melted and then stir until fully melted as to not overheat the chocolate.
- For a great visual on what melting chocolate should look like, check out the video from this chocolate fudge post.
- Remove from the heat and stir in a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in 1 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Don’t worry! The mixture should be cool enough now not to melt the marshmallows.
- Pour and spread into the prepared pan.
- Chill until well set, several hours. Cut into squares. Makes about 25 pieces.
can I substitute evaporated milk for the sweetened condensed milk?
Eek! No! This recipe calls for sweetened condensed milk, which is a great shortcut for easy fudge because it allows you to skip the candy-making stage of creating a sugar syrup. However, evaporated milk is not the same thing, and it cannot be used as a substitute.
printable marshmallow fudge recipe
Delicious, 5-ingredient marshmallow fudge with chocolate, marshmallows, and marshmallow fluff.
- 2 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 16 ounces
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounces
- 1 jar marshmallow creme 7 ounces (marshmallow fluff)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
Prepare a 9-inch or 8-inch (for slightly thicker fudge) pan by lining it with lightly greased parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil. Set aside.
In a large, microwave-safe bowl place the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and marshmallow creme. Microwave for 90 seconds at 70 percent power. Use the residual heat to stir the mixture well until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth. If necessary, microwave for additional 15 second intervals.
If you prefer the stove-top instead of the microwave, melt the mixture in the top of a double boiler or in a bowl on top of a saucepan of simmering water.
Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and pinch of salt. Gently fold in the marshmallows.
Pour the chocolate marshmallow mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Chill until well set, several hours. Cut into squares.
- If marshmallows are your thing, did you know you can make your own marshmallow fluff?
- You can also use marshmallows to make your own fondant.
- You can even use marshmallows to make edible paint!
More easy fudge recipe ideas
If you like this fudge idea, be sure to check out these other easy homemade fudge recipes.