3-ingredient vodka fudge is easy to make in the microwave, crazy delicious, and for grown-ups only. Be sure to label this boozy fudge with the free printables!
Vodka fudge, and boozy fudge in general, may be the best thing since someone realized you could ferment grapes. It’s a cocktail and dessert, all in one, and it’s the perfect party food conversation starter, the perfect hostess gift if you want something more exciting than a bottle of wine, and the perfect gift for any holiday. It takes only three ingredients, and you can substitute any of your favorite liquors.
I first came up with the three-ingredient boozy fudge recipe on my other blog. You’ll need confectioner’s sugar, booze, and chocolate. That’s it! I’ve tried lots of different liquor and chocolate combinations: Gin, tequila, Schnapp’s, Bailey’s,vodka (of course), whiskey, white chocolate, milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate. And all have had my friends raving. However, on my blog, I’ve been making large 9 x 13-inch baking pans of the fudge. I wanted to adapt the recipe to an 8-inch square pan, which is what I use for the chocolate vodka fudge here.
Note that this fudge is STRONG. It tastes of the alcohol, and it has a higher amount of booze used than most fudges with alcohol. The alcohol does not cook out, so I’ve provided some fun free grown-ups only printables so you can properly label the boozy fudge to keep it out of the hands of children or others who can’t drink.
watch this quick video to see how to make vodka fudge
how to make chocolate vodka fudge
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with lightly greased parchment paper or non-stick foil.
what size pan do you need for fudge?
- I use either the smaller, 8-inch square baking pan so the fudge is on the thicker side, or I use a 9-inch square pan, although the fudge will be a bit thinner.
- In a large bowl, place one pound of confectioner’s sugar (this is just under 4 cups, or one box of confectioner’s sugar) in a large bowl. Pour in 1/2 cup of vodka. Whisk the ingredients together very well.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place 1 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips. This is 18 ounces. Microwave for 90 seconds at 70 percent power and stir well to use the residual heat to melt the chocolate chips. If needed, microwave for an additional 30 seconds, then 15 second intervals. Stir until the chocolate is very smooth.
- Scrape the chocolate into the sugar and vodka mixture. Stir very well and transfer to the prepared baking pan. Spread evenly and chill until set, about 2 hours. Cut into squares.
- OPTIONAL: Print this FREE BOOZY FUDGE PRINTABLE on letter-size, thicker-weight paper, cut out the signs and tape to toothpicks to label your fudge for adults only!
troubleshooting vodka fudge
Because alcohols are all different and because chocolate from different brands may melt differently, your fudge may not be consistent every time. The most common questions when making quick and easy fudge, generally, are “why is my fudge too soft?” or the opposite, “why is my fudge too dry or crumbly?”
Why is my fudge too soft? Or why is my fudge too dry?
When making traditional fudge, you follow the rules of candy-making stages with precise temperatures to ensure perfect fudge. This isn’t the case when you’re using shortcut fudge recipes, such as this 3-ingredient vodka fudge. Instead, too soft fudge that won’t fully set tends to be caused by too little chocolate. Fudge that is too hard or crumbly tends to be caused by too much chocolate.
I find that for this particular boozy fudge recipe, the ration of 1 pound confectioner’s sugar, 1/2 cup booze, and 18 ounces of chocolate chips worked very well for me. If you find the fudge too hard for your liking, next time reduce the chocolate chips to 14 or 16 ounces. If you find the fudge doesn’t set as well as you like, try adding 20 or 22 ounces of chocolate instead.
printable vodka fudge recipe
3-ingredient Vodka Fudge is easy to make in the microwave, delicious, and strong!
- 1 pound confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips 18 ounces
Line an 8-inch square baking pan with lightly greased parchment paper or non-stick foil. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the confectioner's sugar and vodka until the mixture is smooth and looks like icing.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips. Melt at 70 percent power for 90 seconds and stir well. Use the residual heat to fully melt the chocolate chips. If needed, microwave for additional 30 second, then 15 second intervals.
Scrape the chocolate into the sugar and vodka mixture and stir very well. Transfer to the prepared baking pan and smooth evenly.
Chill until set, about 2 hours. Cut into squares.
more boozy fudge recipes
- Check out my tequila fudge and gin fudge (if you want the smaller batch, adjust the measurements to match this vodka fudge recipe) .
- I really want to combine maple and bourbon to make fudge.
- Amaretto fudge sounds delicious.
more easy fudge recipes
If you like this easy fudge recipe, be sure to check out more recipes!