This colorful and fun Grinch fudge recipe will make your own heart grow three sizes! Only four ingredients and minutes to make, it’s just the right sweet treat for a family night watching the classic Dr. Seuss Christmas story.
Sweet treats fill the Christmas season, so why not make a fun dessert that stands out from the rest? This Grinch fudge is an easy, no-bake treat perfect for your Christmas cookie tray. You only need a few minutes, a few ingredients, and a microwave, so you can get back to joining your family for The Grinch. And not that I’d ever actually suggest sneaking food into a movie theater, but… Grinch fudge would go so nicely with the new The Grinch movie in theaters now.
We’re big fans of easy fudge recipes that skip the traditional candy-making steps. By using chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk, you can make just about any flavor fudge you like! For everything you need to know about easy fudge, check out our FAQ page.
how to make Grinch fudge
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray or shortening, or line with greased parchment or non-stick foil.
- You can use a 9-inch square pan if that’s all you have, although the fudge will be a bit thinner.
- I prefer preparing the pan by lining with the parchment or non-stick foil, lightly sprayed with cooking spray. This way, it’s easy to lift your finished fudge out of the pan to cut.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl place 2 2/3 cups white chocolate chips. Microwave for 90 seconds at 70 percent power. Use the residual heat to stir the mixture well until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth. If necessary, microwave for additional 15 second intervals.
- Alternatively, melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in a bowl on top of a saucepan of simmering water.
- Be sure to only microwave until the chips are about three-quarters of the way melted and then stir until fully melted as to not overheat the chocolate.
- For a great visual on what melting chocolate should look like, check out the video from this chocolate fudge post.
- Stir in a can of sweetened condensed milk until the mixture is very smooth.
- Add a few drops of food coloring until desired shade of green is reached.
- I suggest Americolor Soft Gel Paste in Electric Green.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
- Press heart sprinkles over the top of the fudge.
- I planned one heart sprinkle per square of fudge. I cut the fudge into 25 pieces, so I made five rows and five columns of heart sprinkles.
- You may also add the heart sprinkles after the fudge is chilled and ready. Dab a bit of light corn syrup on the back of a heart sprinkle and attach to the fudge. (You can also do this if any of the hearts fall off after the fudge is ready.)
- Chill until the fudge is well set, 2 to 4 hours. Cut into squares.
Can you freeze fudge?
Absolutely! Fudge freezes very well. To thaw, remove the wrapped fudge from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for a couple hours before unwrapping. You can keep fudge fresh in the freezer for up to 6 months. However, if you decide to freeze Grinch fudge, I suggest you NOT add the heart sprinkles until after the fudge is removed from the freezer and fully thawed. You can attach the sprinkles with dabs of light corn syrup.
Can you add food coloring to chocolate?
You’ll notice in this recipe I add gel paste food coloring to the melted chocolate. But wait! Food coloring tends to make chocolate seize (or stiffen too quickly). When dealing only with melted chocolate, I suggest using special oil-based food coloring called candy colors. However, by mixing the sweetened condensed milk into the melted chocolate before adding the food coloring, magic happens and you can then use regular food coloring without the chocolate seizing.
watch this short video to make Grinch Christmas fudge
printable Grinch Fudge recipe
This 4-ingredient, microwave GRINCH FUDGE is an easy and fun Christmas treat.
- 2 2/3 cup white chocolate chips 16 ounces
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ouces
- pinch salt (optional)
- few drops green food coloring
- 25 heart sprinkles
Line an 8-inch square baking pan with lightly-greased parchment paper or non-stick foil. Set aside.
Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 70 percent power for 90 seconds. Stir, using the residual heat to fully melt the chocolate chips. If needed, microwave for additional 15 second intervals.
Stir the sweetened condensed milk into the melted chocolate until smooth. If desired, stir in a pinch of salt.
Add food coloring to desired shade of green, stirring very well.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and place the hearts on top. For 25 pieces of fudge, make 5 rows and columns of hearts.
Chill until well set, about 4 hours. Cut into squares, one heart per square.
more Grinch fun food ideas
Hosting a Grinch party? Here are more fun food ideas all about The Grinch.
- These Grinch marshmallows are also easy to make.
- Grinch candy cups are amazing.
- Your kids will love waking up to a stack of fluffy Grinch Pancakes on Christmas morning.
- Try a heart-filled Grinch cake.
- Loving these Grinch cupcakes.
more easy fudge recipes
‘Tis the season for fudge! Here are some more awesome Christmas fudge recipes.
Here are more Christmas Fudge Recipes you might like…