Sweet and salty meet in this delicious chocolate pretzel fudge recipe. Minutes to prepare, with only four ingredients, it’s the perfect treat for every occasion.
chocolate pretzel fudge
When it comes to desserts, I’ll always choose sweet and salty. Chocolate-covered pretzels are a go-to, but this chocolate pretzel fudge is even better! You need only four ingredients and can whip up this easy fudge recipe in minutes in the microwave. Package the fudge in cute containers for holiday gifts, or serve at any party for any occasion.
We’re big fans of easy fudge recipes that skip the traditional candy-making steps. By using chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk, you can make just about any flavor fudge you like! For everything you need to know about easy fudge, check out our FAQ page.
watch this short video to make chocolate pretzel fudge
how to make chocolate pretzel fudge
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray or shortening, or line with greased parchment or non-stick foil.
- You can use a 9-inch square pan if that’s all you have, although the fudge will be a bit thinner.
- I prefer preparing the pan by lining with the parchment or non-stick foil, lightly sprayed with cooking spray. This way, it’s easy to lift your finished fudge out of the pan to cut.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl place 2 2/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips. Microwave for 90 seconds at 70 percent power. Use the residual heat to stir the mixture well until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth. If necessary, microwave for additional 15 second intervals.
- Alternatively, melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in a bowl on top of a saucepan of simmering water.
- Be sure to only microwave until the chips are about three-quarters of the way melted and then stir until fully melted as to not overheat the chocolate.
- For a great visual on what melting chocolate should look like, check out the video from this chocolate fudge post.
- Stir in a can of sweetened condensed milk until the mixture is very smooth.
- Pour the mixture and spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Place mini pretzels on top of the fudge. You may be able to fit 4 to 5 across and 5 down. (I used an 8-inch pan. You will fit more pretzels if you use a 9-inch pan.)
- Sprinkle two to three pinches of coarse sea salt over the fudge.
- Chill until well set, about two hours.
- Cut into squares so that each square has a pretzel. Makes 20 to 25 pieces.
can I substitute evaporated milk for the sweetened condensed milk?
Eek! No! This recipe calls for sweetened condensed milk, which is a great shortcut for easy fudge because it allows you to skip the candy-making stage of creating a sugar syrup. However, evaporated milk is not the same thing, and it cannot be used as a substitute.
printable chocolate pretzel fudge recipe
Sweet and salt chocolate pretzel fudge is a delicious, easy fudge recipe with only 4 ingredients.
- 2 2/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips 16 ounces
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounces
- 20 to 30 mini pretzels
- 3 pinches coarse sea salt
Line an 8-inch square baking pan with lightly greased parchment paper or non-stick foil and set aside.
In a microwave-safe bowl, place the chocolate chips. Microwave at 70 percent power for 90 seconds. Stir, using the residual heat to fully melt the chocolate until smooth. If needed, microwave at 30 second, then 15 second intervals additionally.
Stir the sweetened condensed milk into the chocolate until the mixture is very smooth.
Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Top with pretzels. You should fit 4 to 5 pretzels across and 5 pretzels down for an 8-inch pan.
Sprinkle the fudge with 2 to 3 pinches of coarse sea salt.
Chill the fudge in the refrigerator until well set, about 2 hours.
Cut into squares so one whole pretzel is on each square of fudge.
more chocolate pretzel recipes
If you love sweet and salty treats as I do, here are so more fun recipes that combine pretzels and chocolate.
- Make easy chocolate pretzel pops.
- Try this peanut butter stuffed pretzel chocolate bark.
- Oh my to these chocolate pretzel cookies.
- Check out this dark chocolate pretzel cake.
- Snack on some white chocolate pretzel popcorn.
more easy fudge recipes
As I mentioned above, you can make just about any flavor fudge you like with our easy recipes.