Stay inside where it's warm and cozy and enjoy building this snowman fudge to share with family and friends. Each little square of easy-to-make white chocolate fudge is flavored with a hint of almond extract and can quickly be decorated using mini chocolate chips and carrot shaped sprinkles.
Is your heart melting a little bit right now? Isn't this snowman fudge adorable?
Snowmen in all their simplicity with their eyes made out of coal and their carrot noses are just so cute and I am so excited about how these cute little fudge snowmen turned out.
They will be the perfect holiday candy to serve alongside our other Christmas fudge including Grinch Fudge, A Christmas Story Fudge, Eggnog Fudge, and Peppermint Bark Fudge and they are just as easy to make as all of our other easy fudge recipes.
When I set out to create these creamy squares of white chocolate fudge I decided to start with our basic Vanilla Fudge recipe which is using white chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and a pinch of salt.
To change things up a bit I swapped out the vanilla for a splash of pure almond extract which gives this fudge a flavor reminiscent of my favorite Christmas cut-out cookies.
Almond extract is made by blending almond oil (and sometimes oil extracted from pits of peaches or cherries) with alcohol and water and has a very concentrated flavor and it imparts a slight cherry flavor to this easy fudge recipe.
Everyone who has tried this version of white chocolate fudge has commented on the lovely flavor but the beauty of simple white chocolate fudge is that it can be flavored to your liking. You could use peppermint extract if you enjoy the cool crisp flavor of mint or use coconut extract for a tropical flavor.
how to make snowman fudge
- Line an 8-inch square pan with non-stick tin foil or parchment paper. See the video below for a quick and easy trick to neatly lining your pan using tin foil. Be sure to check out our Easy Fudge FAQ page for more tips and tricks to making homemade fudge even easier.
- Stir together 20 ounces of white chocolate chips and one (14-ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk in a large microwave-safe bowl and heat at 70% power for 90 seconds. NOTE: If using pure white chocolate, that contains cocoa butter, use 24 ounces!
- Let the bowl rest in the microwave for 3 minutes before stirring. This allows the heat in the bowl to help melt all the chocolate evenly.
- If needed, you can microwave at 70% power for an additional 10-15 seconds until all the chunks of chocolate have melted.
- Alternatively, you can melt the white chocolate and condensed milk in a saucepan or preferably a double boiler set over low heat on the stove.
- Heat, stirring occasionally until 75% of the chocolate is melted then remove from the heat and let rest for 3 minutes before stirring until melted.
- Stir in ¾ - 1 teaspoon almond extract and a pinch of salt, to taste.
- Pour the fudge into your pan and spread into an even layer.
- Tap the pan on the counter a few times to smooth out the top surface.
- Cover with plastic wrap or tin foil and either set aside at room temperature for at least 4 hours until firm or chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours until firm.
- Uncover and use the tin foil or parchment paper in the pan to lift the fudge out then peel that off and set the fudge on a cutting board.
- Cut off the curved edges of the fudge then cut the center square of fudge into 16 squares.
- This will give you 16 beautifully square pieces of fudge to decorate like snowmen.
- You can work the scraps of fudge together and reshape it into a rectangle and cut a few more squares if you don't want to waste any of the fudge or you can just enjoy a snack.
decorate your snowmen
- Press two mini chocolate chips into the square of white fudge to create the snowman's eyes.
- Just below the eyes add a carrot sprinkle.
- Then form the mouth using 5 more mini chocolate chips.
It's so easy to decorate this snowman fudge that your kids can even join in on the fun!
You can find the supplies needed to make your snowman fudge from amazon (commission earned or sales).
where to find carrot sprinkles
- You can buy jars of Wilton Carrot Mix Sprinkles (with bunnies and carrots) from amazon.
- In 2018 Walmart is selling little snowman decorating kits with black sugar pearls and carrot sprinkles. I found them in the Christmas section with all the cookie cutters, tins, and baking supplies.
- I also found small bags of carrot sprinkles at Michael's but couldn't find them in their online shop so I'm not sure they carry them all year. They may be an Easter product.
alternatives to carrot sprinkles
If you can't find the carrot sprinkles you can use:
- orange candy coated sunflower seeds (I've used these a lot in creating snowman treats and they work great.)
- orange M&M's turned on their side
- orange modeling chocolate or fondant shaped into carrots
where to find mini chocolate chips
- Most grocery stores carry mini chocolate chips, especially around the holidays. They are great to use when making a batch of our easy chocolate fudge because they melt so quickly so you might just want to buy several bags!
alternatives to the mini chocolate chips
- black sugar pearls
- black modeling chocolate or fondant
storing your fudge
- Wrap your fudge in wax paper then place it in an airtight container and store it away from any heat source at room temperature for up to a month.
- Metal tins are the very best containers to use when storing fudge. They will keep your fudge soft and fresh for weeks if not months.
- If you want to make this ahead, you may freeze this fudge, but follow these instructions carefully.
- Wrap the fudge well in wax paper then over-wrap that in tin foil or Press 'n Seal. Then place in a zip-top bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To thaw, remove from the freezer and set the fudge on the counter but DO NOT open the container or bag for 2-3 hours until the fudge is fully thawed. Once thawed you can remove the fudge from its package and serve.
- NOTE: If frozen the mini chocolate chips may develop bloom (white spots or streaks that appear when the cocoa butter rises to the surface of chocolate that has been exposed to drastic fluctuations in temperature).
If you love making snowman treats for Christmas check these out:
- The ORIGINAL Melting Snowman Cookies
- Snowman Pretzel Crafts
- Easy Snowman Cake
- Peanut Butter Fudge Snowmen
- Snowman Chocolate Bark
Square of white chocolate fudge are decorated with mini chocolate chips and carrot sprinkles to look like cute snowmen.
- 20-24 ounces white chocolate chips *(see note below)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 112 mini chocolate chips
- 16 carrot sprinkles (or orange candy-coated sunflower seeds)
Line an 8-inch square pan with non-stick tin foil or parchment paper sprayed lightly with baking spray.
Combine the white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a large microwave-safe bowl.
Heat at 70% power for 90 seconds then let the bowl rest in the microwave for 3 minutes.
Stir until melted.
If needed, heat for additional 10-15 seconds at 70% power, allowing the fudge to rest before stirring until completely melted.
Stir in the almond extract and salt.
Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
Tap the pan on the counter a few times to smooth out the surface of the fudge.
Cover and set aside for about 4 hours or refrigerate for 2-3 hours until firm.
Remove from pan and peel off foil or parchment.
Cut off ½ inch around the perimeter of the fudge.
Cut fudge into 16 equal squares.
Press 2 mini chocolate chips into a square of fudge to create the snowman's eyes.
Then press one orange carrot sprinkle below the eyes.
Form a curved smile using 5 mini chocolate chips below the carrot nose.
Repeat decorating all the fudge squares.
See more of our festive Christmas fudge recipes...