Fill your candy dish with squares of creamy white chocolate fudge speckled with tart dried cranberries for Christmas.
This easy cranberry fudge can be made in the microwave or on the stovetop using just three ingredients.
Christmastime is the perfect season to make a pan of this insanely creamy white chocolate cranberry fudge. But, you better make a lot because it is addicting.
Vanilla fudge can be a bit too sweet for some people, but adding tart cranberries to this easy fudge recipe balances out the sweetness.
Plus, the deep burgundy color of the dried cranberries really pops against the cream-colored fudge, so it looks pretty too.
Just like all of our other fudge recipes, this one is super easy to make.
You'll start by making white chocolate fudge using sweetened condensed milk then you'll sprinkle in chopped dried cranberries.
In about 15 minutes, you will have a pan of fudge read to go and the best part is, that you don't have to stand over a pot of boiling sugar or have to use a candy thermometer.
Let's make some easy cranberry fudge!
tools you'll need:
- microwave-safe mixing bowl (or medium saucepan)
- 8 or 9-inch square baking pan
- non-stick foil or parchment paper
ingredients you'll need:
- white chocolate - You can use white chips or finely chopped white candy bars, but you need to be aware of what type of white chocolate you are using in order to use the correct amount.
- Pure white chocolate (made with cocoa butter) is softer and won't firm up as well as compound chocolate (made with palm kernel oil or other vegetable oil).
- If your white chips or bars are made using cocoa butter, you will need to use 24 ounces.
- If your white chips are made using palm kernel oil (or any fat other than cocoa butter) you will use 20 ounces. I used Nestle Premier White Morsels to create this fudge. I love the flavor of these chips and they make great fudge.
- sweetened condensed milk - You'll use one 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk.
- We recommend using Eagle Brand or Borden Sweetened Condensed milk as they are nice and thick. Some store brands are very thin and will make softer fudge.
- dried cranberries - Try to buy plump and soft dried cranberries. You'll fill your cranberry fudge with 1 ¼ cups of dried cranberries.
You can find some of the ingredients I used to make this easy fudge on amazon. I earn a small commission when you use the links in this post at NO extra cost to you.
This creamy white chocolate fudge is speckled with tart dried cranberries and will make a great addition to your candy platters for Christmas.
- 1 ¼ cups dried cranberries
- 20-24 ounces white chocolate chips (see NOTES section
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Line an 8-inch square pan with tin foil or parchment paper.
Roughly chop the dried cranberries.
Heat the white chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds on high power.
Remove and stir in the sweetened condensed milk.
Heat at 70% power for 90 seconds.
- Let the bowl rest in the warm microwave for about 3 minutes.
- Remove and stir.
If the white chips are not all melted, repeat the process above, only heating for 15 seconds at 70% power.
Alternatively, you can melt the white chips and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan on the stovetop over low heat. Remove when about 75% melted, let rest a few minutes, then stir until melted.
Reserve about 3 tablespoons of dried cranberries to sprinkle over the top of the fudge, then stir the rest into the fudge.
Pour the fudge into the lined baking pan then sprinkle the reserved cranberries over the top of the fudge.
- Cover with a piece of tin foil or plastic wrap.
Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or until firm. Or, set aside at room temperature to cool and firm up for at least 4 hours.
- Remove the fudge from the pan and peel off the tin foil or parchment paper.
Cut into 25 squares.
- *If using pure white chocolate (made with cocoa butter) use 24 ounces.
- If using white chips made with palm kernel oil or other vegetable oil, use 20 ounces.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
We hope you enjoy making this creamy white chocolate cranberry fudge.
More Christmas Fudge Recipes