Blend OREO Cookies into homemade white chocolate fudge to get a sweet Cookies and Cream Fudge that your whole family will love. This simple 3-ingredient fudge can be made in minutes in the microwave.
Cookies and Cream Fudge
If dipping an OREO Cookie into a glass of cold milk makes you happy, then this cookies and cream fudge is for you. It combines vanilla cream-filled chocolate cookies with silky smooth white chocolate fudge. The combination of chocolate and vanilla is a classic that’s hard to beat. They are just a perfect pair.
This homemade fudge is so simple to create, just grab a package of Oreos, some white chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed milk and let’s get started.
Looks so easy, right?
To make this cookies & cream fudge you simply melt white chocolate with sweetened condensed milk then blend in some cookie pieces, spread it into an 8-inch square pan, then add more cookie pieces on top. You’ll be done in under 10 minutes.
Before you get to the recipe let me answer some questions you might have about this OREO Cookie Fudge. You can find even more answers to the most frequently asked questions on our How To Make Easy Fudge FAQ page.
What type of white chocolate should I use to make Cookies and Cream Fudge?
Choose white chocolate that you enjoy eating straight out of the package. You can use white chocolate chips, white chocolate bars, or compound chocolate wafers (candy melts).
Cocoa Butter VS. Palm Kernel Oil
- Pure white chocolate bars and chips are made using cocoa butter which gives the chocolate a rich flavor and creamy texture. Chocolate that contains cocoa butter needs to be tempered (heated and cooled at specific temperatures) when used to make chocolate candies in order to harden properly.
- Palm Kernel Oil is used to make compound chocolate (also known as confectionery coating). It has a higher melting point and hardens without any fuss over temperatures.
- This is important because fudge made using pure white chocolate with cocoa butter will not firm up like fudge made using compound chocolate with palm kernel oil, so you will need to use more pure white chocolate than compound chocolate in the recipe.
White Chocolate Chips
- I used Ghiradelli White Chocolate Chips to make this fudge.
- These chips contain sugar, palm kernel oil, whole milk powder, nonfat dry milk, palm oil, soy lecithin, and vanilla.
- Another brand of white chips that we use to make a lot of our fudge recipes is Nestle Premier White Morsels.
- Be sure to look at the ingredients listed on the package of white chocolate chips. Some will contain cocoa butter.
- I used Ghiradelli White Chocolate Chips to make this fudge.
White Chocolate Candy Bars
- White chocolate bars are almost always made with cocoa butter which will give your fudge a creamy off-white color.
- Finely chop the chocolate or grate it using a cheese grater so that it melts easily.
White compound chocolate (also known as confectionery coating, White Candy Melts, white melting wafers, or white almond bark
- You can use any type of compound chocolate to make OREO Cookie fudge.
- If you like the flavor of the chocolate, you will enjoy it when made into this OREO Fudge.
- If you don’t enjoy eating the candy straight out of the package, do not use it for this easy fudge recipe.
Do I have to use OREO Cookies in my Cookies ‘n Cream Fudge?
- Nope! Any chocolate cookie will do, but OREO Cookies are so yummy! They do make a great-tasting cookie fudge.
- Actually, this fudge would be quite good if you mixed in any of these other cookies too:
- Biscoff Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- Almond Cookies
- Lemon Sandwich Cookies
- Did you know you can use OREO Cookies to make adorable treats like Mini and Mickey Mouse Oreos, Easy OREO Crabs, Pac Man Oreos, and OREO Frogs? These are just a few other great uses for OREO Cookies.
How to make Cookies and Cream Fudge
Make the fudge in the microwave.
I recommend you line an 8-inch square pan with tin foil or parchment paper. You can also simply butter the pan or spray it with baking spray, but it’s much easier to get out of the pan if you line it first.
- Combine the white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a microwave-safe mixing bowl.
- Heat at 70% power for 90 seconds.
- Let the bowl rest in the warm microwave for about 3 minutes.
- Remove and stir.
- If the white chocolate is not completely melted, return the bowl to the microwave and heat at 70% power for 15 seconds.
- Stir until melted.
- Reserve about a third of the cookie pieces to sprinkle over the top of the fudge, then stir the rest into the fudge.
- Pour the fudge into the lined baking pan then sprinkle the reserved cookie pieces over top.
- Cover with a piece of tin foil or plastic wrap.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove the fudge from the pan and peel off the tin foil or parchment paper.
- Cut into 36 squares.
Do I have to make this easy cookies & cream fudge recipe in the microwave?
- No, you can melt the white chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan on the stove set over low heat.
- It’s always best to melt the chocolate slowly over low heat.
- Allow the candy to heat until about 75% of the chocolate has melted, then remove it from the heat, let it rest a few minutes, then stir until smooth.
- This will keep your fudge from getting greasy. If you over-heat the fudge the oils or cocoa butter can seep out of the white chocolate. Don’t worry you can fix it.
What should I do if my fudge becomes greasy?
- Pour the fudge into a clean bowl and allow it to sit and cool for about 15 minutes.
- Then stir the fudge slowly in order to incorporate the oil back into the fudge.
- If it’s still greasy, let it sit a bit longer and repeat.
- It’s important that most of the oil is incorporated back into the fudge or the fudge might become a bit dry.
- To speed up this process you can pour the fudge out onto a marble cutting board, a granite countertop, or a metal non-stick cookie sheet and swirl it around, scraping it up and kneading it into itself, until it becomes cool and thickened.
- The fudge will become quite thick so you may have to press the cookie pieces into it then press the fudge down into your pan.
If you love the flavor of cookies and cream but want a fudge that’s a bit more fun be sure to check out our recipe for Cookie Monster Fudge. It’s so cute!
You can find the items needed to make this fudge on amazon (commission earned for sales).
Watch this video to see how easy it is to make this OREO Cookie Fudge…
Cookies and Cream Fudge Recipe
- 16 - 18 ounces white chocolate chips * (see note below)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 20 OREO Cookies, broken into pieces
Line an 8-inch square pan with tin foil or parchment paper.
Pour the white chocolate chips or white confectionery coating wafers and sweetened condensed milk into a microwave-safe mixing bowl.
Heat at 70% power for 90 seconds.
Let the bowl rest in the warm microwave for about 3 minutes.
Remove and stir.
If white chips are not all melted, repeat the process above, only heating for 15 seconds at 70% power.
Reserve about a third of the cookie pieces to sprinkle over the top of the fudge, then stir the rest into the fudge.
Pour the fudge into the lined baking pan then sprinkle the reserved cookie pieces over top of the fudge.
Cover with a piece of tin foil or plastic wrap.
Chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours or until firm.
Remove the fudge from the pan and peel off the tin foil or parchment paper.
Cut into 36 squares.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Enjoy making and eating this wonderful Cookies and Cream Fudge.
Did you know you can use this fudge to make fudge rocks, edible garden stones, and even candy tombstones?
Head over to HungryHappenings.com to see all these fun treats made using Homemade Cookies ‘n Cream Fudge.
If you enjoy creamy white chocolate fudge be sure to check out our other easy fudge recipes…
or this tasty Vanilla Fudge Recipe